Bloodborne, whose body is ready?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by saskbob, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Moofers

Moofers Moderator Staff Member

I was feeling pretty down on this game by the time I got to the 2nd boss. The game seemed hard for the sake of being hard and my playstyle from the Souls series was not possible. The camera really sucks for the first boss fight since you want to use lock-on in order to dodge most effectively, and the 2nd boss in particular seemed impossible at first. Sometimes if he hits you once, its a knockdown and then he drives you into the ground before you can get up, basically making it a one-hit kill.

Then it finally clicked. I came back the next day and whooped his ass. I am starting to get the hang of the parry system a bit better, but more importantly the dodging is something I'm getting good at. After killing the 2nd boss, I was afraid of some of the bigger enemies lurking around but then when I actually charged in, I might as well have been the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy because nobody could touch me. It was a pretty cool feeling.

Overall I still prefer Dark Souls 2 and Demon's Souls to this. I might prefer this over Dark Souls 1 but we'll see. On my way to Vicar Amelia tonight. Looking forward to it.
  2. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

This one has definitely the hardest start to it, compared to all the others. Not sure why they couldn't have softened the start a little more.
  3. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

... some star wars shit right there

[​IMG]