Destiny BETA Begins July 17, 2014

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Trickman, Jul 15, 2014.

• by Trickman, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM
  • Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

A new video was released for the Destiny beta, which goes live on Thursday, July 17, 2014 (11:59pm PDT) for Sony platforms (PS4, PS3) and then on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 (11:59pm PDT) for Microsoft platforms (Xbox One, Xbox 360) The beta will remain live on all consoles until July 27 at 11:59 pm PDT.

destinygp2.jpg

Released by Sony and Bungie, it is an "everything you need to know" video, highlighting game play footage and insight from Bungie community managers and their designer, Lars Bakken. Check out the video shown below:

The Destiny beta will provide registered players with three download codes so they can invite two friends to join them. A message on the Bungie user account page reads: "Platform selection for the Beta is now available! Each code will grant you 3 download keys, enough to field a full Fireteam on the console of your choosing!"

destinygp1.jpg

Regardless of the format chosen, players will not get their download codes until the day the beta begins.

Source: CVG
    Randum likes this.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Trickman, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Randum
    Holy crap this game is good. I had absolutely zero expectations of this game - played just a small amount of the "Alpha" over e3 - got me interested. Now I have played all of the story on the Beta, and now working on the multiplayer aspect - and this is one hell of a FPS. It has just about everything - and plays almost like a RPG, but not really. And it has that great tactical multiplayer experience.

But with this being said, this game IS HALO - It borrows so much - and it is not a bad thing. The Ghost = Cortana. The "Tower" = Halo. The characters with their various helmets. The enemies even have a similar gun to the needler. The "Evil" is similar to the Flood in halo. Vehicles, also look similar. The battle rifle weapon.

And finally, the visuals are fantastic. And the music is awesome. Just awesome. Turn your sound up and sit back, this game is fun, addictive, and I can't wait for the full release.
    Trickman likes this.
  2. Randum
    And on a side note, that video is ridiculous and the community manager guy is way too dramatic....
  3. Trickman
    I'm enjoying the beta...a lot!! I wasn't expecting to get into it as much as I am, but it's so much fun (especially with other people you know). I'm so glad I pre-ordered the game (and thanks to Crashbomber for helping me out with a beta code after my preorder one was hosed).
    Randum likes this.
  4. RPGJock
    I don't like shooters but I think I am in love with this one. And it is better with friends. PSN ID: RPGJock
    Randum likes this.