Game Completion 2014

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GRSonic, Jan 1, 2014.

1. GRSonic

GRSonic Gotta Derp Fast!

It's that time again. A new year means a new topic for game completions. Starting with this one:

1. RESOGUN [PS4/PSN] (Cleared 3 times, 64th Platinum Trophy) 1st January 2014

Yes, I did cleared it last year (or a day ago at the time of writing it), but I wanted the 1CC-trophy out of the way so that I can clear it again with the remaining ships to grab my 64th Platinum. Which I did, of course. ^_^

Now that THAT is out of the way, any games YOU have cleared so far.
  2. wolfehound22

wolfehound22 Bronze Member

1. New Super Mario Land 2 (3DS) Jan 1st

First game on my new 3DS. Pretty good, but I haven't played any of the other new Super Mario Lands, so I wasn't burned out on it yet.

3DS - 1, PS4 - 0, PS3 - 0, 360 - 0, Vita - 0, Mobile - 0

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
  3. teran36

teran36 Bronze - Well-known

1- Sleeping Dogs DLC Year of the Snake
  4. AlFighter27

AlFighter27 Irrational Overlord Staff Member

Here we go!

1. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (1/3)

Wow. What a powerful experience. Definitely one worth the 2 1/2 hours it took to complete.
  5. AlFighter27

2. XCOM: Enemy Within (1/4)

Great expansion!
  6. Robb

Robb Bronze Member

1: Injustice - God's Among Us (P.C)

God I love steam sales, been meaning to play this for a long time, superb single player once more (expected after Mortal Kombat), and really digging the online for what I have played of it thus far.
  7. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

1. Zelda: Link Between Worlds
  8. JakeG92

JakeG92 GXtP Host

1. Battlefield 4 - January 5th

My first game of this year was actually a surprisingly pleasant experience! It was a very short campaign, but pretty good... still seemed like a rush job but what was there was enjoyable! :D
  9. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

01. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Steam, 2014/01/03)

Great experience and beautiful visuals, the game didn't had the same emotional impact as ICO or Journey on me though.

02. Ys I from "Ys I and II Chronicles" (Steam, 2014/01/05)

I kept hearing about Ys for years now, then January was declared #Falcomonth on Twitter. It felt like the right moment, so I joined the play along. Surprisingly short, it only took me about 6 hours to clear the game. The core game design aged pretty well and was holding up nicely. This was my 1st experience with the series, yet everything was very familiar, like faint memories of '90s anime/manga/j-games.
  10. teran36

teran36 Bronze - Well-known

2- XCOM: Enemy Within

I'm calling this one a completion even though I had to watch the ending on youtube.
    Not my fault it gets to the final fight and locks up.--THREE TIMES
    that kinda made me lose interest in playing this one again
  11. AlFighter27

2. XCOM: Enemy Within (1/4)
    3. Spelunky (PC) (1/8)
    4. SteamWorld Dig (1/9)

FINALLY. After two years of playing just about every version of Spelunky, I booted up my PC version of the game for the first time and within 30 runs, I beat Spelunky, got through hell, and destroyed King Yama. A crowning achievement, and something I am extremely proud of. I did it on stream, so you can see it on our youtube channel if you want.

Also, picked up SteamWorld Dig this morning and promptly finished it. Very VERY fun, and super addictive. Very easy to pick up and play, but I decided just to blast through it. Only three areas, nice and sweet. May buy it again on 3DS because I'd love it on the go. Took me about 5 hours and I loved every second of it.
    Boric likes this.
  12. deadward

deadward Bronze Member

1: Bioshock Inifinte: Burial at Sea Ep. 1 (PC 1/9)

Pretty darn good, good enough that I was kind of bummed it was over so quickly. It was a decent length for an episode or whatever, no complaints there, it just felt like right when I was getting into it, it was over.
  13. shill11

shill11 Bronze Member

Doing my best to clear the backlog

1) Gone Home (PC)

Neat Indy title, but I think the hype might have gotten to me

2) Brothers: A Tail of Two Sons (PC)

Really cool game, hoping some dev can take this unique gameplay idea and run with it

3) Battlefield 4 (PS4)

This just made me more interested/relieved in Titanfalls campaign through the MP
  14. deadward

deadward Bronze Member

1: Bioshock Inifinte: Burial at Sea Ep. 1 (PC 1/9)
    2: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC 1/10)

Really good, bummed I didn't play it sooner. Interesting mechanics, a great style, and a touching story. Well worth a play through.
  15. GRSonic

GRSonic Gotta Derp Fast!

2. KNACK [PS4/PSN] 4th January 2014

I could have choosen KZ:SF *hears Valiek crying in the corner*, but I had a soft spot for platform games, so I went with Knack.

It was an okay game. Not good, yet not bad, either. It was a mixed feeling on this one. As a Trophy-Hunter, I'm thinking about getting a Platinum Trophy if I'm not busy as of late.
  16. chrisbechicken

chrisbechicken Bronze - Well-known

1. Spec Ops: The Line (360)
  17. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

03. Galaga Legions DX (PS3, 2014/01/11)

Booted up the SHMUP, just to check out the game and cleared the championship mode on my first go, glad it was free on PS+.

04. 140 (Steam, 2014/01/12)

Minimalistic platformer with lots of rhythm and timing based gameplay. Great electronica music, beats and sound effects which are all relevant to the game's core mechanics. The install is tiny (only 60MB) and the game pretty short, although I only paid 2 bucks while on sale and it was definitely worth the little I spent.
  18. GRSonic

GRSonic Gotta Derp Fast!

2. KNACK [PS4/PSN]
    • 4th January 2014 (Normal Mode, Regular Knack)
    • 13th January 2014 (Hard Mode, Diamond Knack)
    • 14th January 2013 (Very Hard Mode, Diamond Knack, 65th Platinum Trophy)
    Just had a little Trophy-Hunting-session in Knack before I could uninstall it off the HDD. And got my 65th Platinum in the process.
  19. wolfehound22

wolfehound22 Bronze Member

1. New Super Mario Land 2 (3DS) Jan 3rd
    2. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS) Jan 14th

Loved it, haven't played a Zelda game since the very first one. But man this one has me hooked.

3DS - 2, PS4 - 0, PS3 - 0, 360 - 0, Vita - 0, Mobile - 0

20. Shino

Shino Mr. InDis?

1. 01/02/14 - Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
    2. 01/16/14 - Tearaway (PSV)