Game Completion 2015!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Prime, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

Well it's 2015, folks! The year of the Hoverboard and Jaws 19 in 3D. It also means another whole year of completing games for those so inclined. Just like GRSonic's thread for last year, simply list out each of your game completions starting Jan 1st through Dec 31st 2015!

Let us begin!

1. Resident Evil 4 HD (Steam, Jan 1) - During the Christmas steam sale, GreenManGaming had RE4, 5, 6 and Revelations for under £20! I bought them all and I just finished RE4 today! Lovely game. Lengthy, tense and above all else, FUN!
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  2. RayG

RayG Who's my next challenger?

Last year I got to the end of 35 game: 22-DRM FREE. 5-STEAM 1-PS4 1-PS3 1-PS2 1-PS1 1-SNES and a few browser games. Lets see what 2015 holds.

001 - Parasite Eve - 2nd Jan - PS1 - Well, I enjoyed it! I like the battle system, though it gets a tad repetative, but over all I kept thinking "See Sqauresoft? You used to be good. What happened to you?" Also I unlocked EX mode but the only major thing it adds is a 77 floor dungeon crawl so probably wont be be playing that anytime soon O_O
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  3. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

2. Resident Evil 6 (Steam, Jan 3) - Jake and Sherry's campaign is in the bag! Just Chris's, Leon's and Ada's to go! It's not a very good game, but the story and characters are cool. Controls and such suck tho, unfortunately. I like RE5 way better, but I'm waiting on the promised Steamworks patch before I get invested in it.
  4. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

3. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Steam, Jan 4) - Okay so this one's cheating a little, the game's short and is made to be completed fast and multiple times. But I just had to share this: Isaac, got to the chest, destroyed everything, wasted ??? and found dad's key. Fought you-know-who and didn't take any damage in the process. Amazing run!
  5. Anim8td_fan

Anim8td_fan Ambassador of Awesomeness Staff Member

1. [Xbox One] Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (1/4/15) - This is a pretty solid Assassin's Creed game since it built off the mechanics and ship sailing that were introduced in Assassin's Creed 3 but story wise I prefer AC3 over AC4: Black Flag.
  6. teran36

teran36 Bronze - Well-known

1- Kingdom Hearts Bitrh by Sleep
  7. RayG

001 - Parasite Eve - 2nd Jan - PS1
    002 - Space Channel 5 Part 2 - 6th Jan - PC steam - Installed this on my new computer along with the Dreamcast collection and obviously replayed it! It's so joyful and silly. I love this game.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  8. RayG

002 - Space Channel 5 Part 2 - 6th Jan - PC steam
    003 - Year Walk - 13th Jan - PC DRMFREE - Creepy and pretty, I like the sense of 'wrongness' of your actions and how that reflects back in to the puzzels.
  9. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

01. GTAV (PS4, 2015/01/13)

What a messed up slice of thug life layer cake that was. Best gangster sim I've ever played. The characters, conversations, story, missions, heists, random encounters, music selection, gameplay ... all top notch. Rockstar once again delivered a perfect real life satire, that managed to highlight a lot of the insanity of our daily lives. The amount of content in this game presents an incredible bang for buck ratio. I've been enjoying this gem for weeks, sometimes asking myself: "Will it ever end?". GTAV is really one of the few games of late, that I consider triple A.
  10. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

02. Race the Sun (Steam, 2015/01/14)

Great fusion of the racing and the runner genre, that isn't just focused on getting highscores. Leveling up by completing small sub-objectives will unlock new add-ons that aid the core gameplay to race the sun even better. I really enjoyed the music, which had a slightly persian ring to it. Visually minimalistic, although very beautiful and purpose serving: super smooth framerate that provides a great sense of speed.
  11. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

03. DmC Devil May Cry + Vergil's Downfall DLC (Steam, 2015/01/16)

Replayed DmC with the intention of following up with Vergil's Downfall. DmC is still a joy to play and mega fun. The DLC is kinda brief, therefore a bummer because Vergil's fighting style is awesome and definitely underutilized by the few extra missions.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  12. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

You COMPLETED Race the Sun?! o_O How many zones are there?
  13. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

Endless runner is endless, but the leveling progression caps out at 25. No further add-ons, that's the completion of your craft.
    Prime likes this.
  14. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

I see. man level 25?! that's nuts, you must've invested some serious twitchy reflexes to manage those challenges :D
  15. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

You did really well here

I'm sure you could fly through those challenges too (pun intended).
  16. teran36

2- Lego Batman 3(vita)
  17. RayG

003 - Year Walk - 13th Jan - PC DRMFREE
    004 - Freedom Planet - 23rd Jan - PC DRMFREE - Completed Lilacs story, took about 5 hours! Still got 2 other characters to play through with. Game is totaly a love letter to Sonic with a wee bit other megadrive classics dropped in, which is cool! Had fun but last boss was hard!
  18. RayG

003 - Year Walk - 13th Jan - PC DRMFREE
    004 - Freedom Planet - 23rd Jan - PC DRMFREE
    005 - Lumino City - 25th Jan- PC DRMFREE -Beautiful game! Played it with my nephew and we both loved it even though 2-3 of the puzzles were a nightmare and we needed to use the in built hints to solve them!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  19. teran36

3- Dragon Age Inquisition
  20. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

04. Triple Town (Steam, 2015/01/29)

One of the best match-three puzzle games I've ever played, super polished and balanced. They even added a nice little Civilization twist to the gameplay. The puzzle part is mainly highscore driven, but doing well earns materials. They allow to build and grow your town in a persistent hub. This hub town in return will cash out gold or a few match-three items that will aid players in their puzzle efforts. I got hooked badly, really really badly. The whole thing is pretty much endless, but after 41 hours and 100% completion of its achievements, it's time to mark this one as done.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Boric likes this.