Helldivers dropping from Orbit March 3rd (PS4,PS3 and Vita Crossbuy and Play)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by saskbob, Feb 26, 2015.

1. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

Hey people,

Again Sony is doing a pathetic job of promoting a title I've spent ages waiting for. Like a week before they finally announce the first news since the summer. This is from the guys who brought us Magicka but probably minus all the crazy server gymnastics one had to do to get a game going.

To me it looks incredible, Like Diablo but the cooldowns are based on your skill with memorization of button combos.

Here's a backup of the most recent stream from the developers. If you go to the middle of the stream you'll see how involved the gameplay gets.

http://www.twitch.tv/arrowheadgs/b/629685469
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
  2. Anim8td_fan

Anim8td_fan Ambassador of Awesomeness Staff Member

I know nothing about this game but I'll check out some stuff for when it comes out to see if I'm interested in it.
  3. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Could this be one of the PS Plus free games?
  4. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

It was rumoured and then confirmed that it was not a free game. It's discounted only. I think it's $17 versus $20 with a Plus sub. Kinda silly because who would buy it without a sub as it's co-op online focused.
  5. Trickman

True. That is kind of odd.
  6. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

Embargo is up and last I checked people are really loving this game.
    Here's Kindafunny games with a couch co-op play session. I will be playing this tonight most likely.

7. Anim8td_fan

Anim8td_fan Ambassador of Awesomeness Staff Member

I picked this up last night when I got home but I have yet to play. I'll definitely check it out tonight.
  8. Trickman

I plan on that as well.
  9. CrashBomber

CrashBomber Amplified Gamers Co-host

Tom forced me to get this. It's pretty good.
  10. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

Yeah i was worried I was the only guy going to get this game. There is more of a problem trying to join a friends game that isn't full than having to play alone. I'm finding randoms are also generally good.

I also have been playing a bit on vita, haven't done any multi, and I'm very surprised about how much it works and is still good. Except for the horrible horrible back touch controls.
  11. Trickman

I played the first campaign last night. Pretty good. Got killed too often b/c training is much easier than being in the real game. Finally figured out my stratagem loadouts were what I had to adjust and I also had to duck to get out of the way of fire more often than not. It'll take some getting used to, but I think once more people are engaged in a multiplayer game, it'll be a great time.
  12. saskbob

saskbob Gold Member

One cheap way to do it is to load multiple instances of turrets, that way you always have one off of cooldown generally. Sort of boring though.
  13. Trickman

Yeah, turrets is how I got through it the second time. Otherwise, I kept running out of ammo.