I finally finished L.A. Noire

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Artifact911, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Artifact911

Artifact911 Bronze Member

[​IMG]
    I started playing it when it came out 3 years ago but it quickly to the way side of the summer AAA titles. I've been feverishly slashing away at my backlog before plugging in my PS4 and I'm happy to say that the backlog is gone. L.A. Noire was the last game on the list.

Was it worth it? Absolutely, yes! In any form of entertainment, writing and story and the most important elements for me. And L.A. Noire dominates in that department. 99% of games can't even come close. All the conventions of a classic crime drama are used in full force. The ending is full of unexpected twists and all the lose threads in the game come together cleanly at just the right time.

Technology changes fast and even though it's been 3 years, the style of this game still impresses. Every character in the game is played by a real actor using facial and motion capture. Team Bondi really pioneered something that I wish was used in all other games because it really does make a difference. Sadly, I don't see anyone else really adopting this technique... at least not at the level that Team Bondi did. That's largely due to the fact that the game cost $50 million to make.

The game still holds up and I highly recommend playing through this one if you haven't yet.
    Plankfan likes this.
  2. Plankfan

Plankfan This isn't Twitter

Man, such a great game. Did you play the DLC at all?

Artifact911 likes this.
  3. shill11

shill11 Bronze Member

Such a good game ... May watch LA Confidential tonight lol
    Artifact911 likes this.
  4. Artifact911

Hahaha that video was great! I did not play the DLC... is it any good?
  5. Artifact911

yea! That or the Black Dahlia!
  6. Plankfan

Plankfan This isn't Twitter

Ha, nope! I was gonna ask you the same thing!