Microsoft Acquires Rights to Gears of War

Discussion in 'Articles' started by AlFighter27, Jan 27, 2014.

• by AlFighter27, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM
  • AlFighter27

AlFighter27 Irrational Overlord Staff Member

Today Microsoft announced that they have acquired the rights to all current and future iterations of the Gears of War franchise. In addition, Microsoft also revealed that Rod Fergusson, former Director of Production at Epic Games on the Gears franchise, is moving to Microsoft and joining Black Tusk Studios in Vancouver, BC to work on the next entry in the series.

GoWLogo1020x540.jpg

Though this doesn't come as much of a surprise, this does mean that the rumors of Gears of War coming to the Playstation 4 with future iterations have been struck down.

The announcement, along with words from Microsoft's Phil Spencer about why they picked up the franchise, included a quote from Hanno Lemke, general manager of Black Tusk Studios under Microsoft Studios, saying you'll hear more on the plans for the franchise "later this year."
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by AlFighter27, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Randum
    I really enjoy the gears franchise, not sure I'm excited about the change of dev house, but looking forward to whatever they come up with
  2. Paul
    +1

Loved the Gears games. Not sure about the change but I'll likely be first in line for the next one.
    Randum likes this.