PS4 this week and Xbox One next week

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trickman, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Which one are you getting? Are you getting both?

Discuss (and please keep the fanboyism to a minimum).

How about games?

Trickman - Getting PS4 at launch. I plan on getting Killzone 4: Shadowfall at launch as well. Other games I'm interested in, but may have to wait for sales and/or Christmas... Battlefield 4, Knack, Need for Speed: Rivals, Resogun.
  2. CrashBomber

CrashBomber Amplified Gamers Co-host

PS4 this week. Xbox with my tax refund in the spring.

(Also, the WiiU should count as a new console this fall because now it's worth owning one.)
  3. Randum

Randum Car Junkie

I'm getting the XboxOne next week via Amazon day one hopefully with Forza 5

Ps4 will wait til maybe after Holiday season pending game releases etc, but soon!

I know I took off the Monday after release and will be playing Forza 5 like my job so next weekend, if you are interested, please let me know and we can game it up. I also have been dabbling in streaming so I will probably be broadcasting at some point if you want to check it out!
    -Also considering Killer Instinct because I do like fighters and maybe...BIG maybe on BF4, because I am playing on the PC right now, really enjoying it.
  4. Goffey

Goffey Interactive Distractions

PS4 hopefully for Xmas if I can get my hands on one and XB1 on launch day.

Booked off the Friday and monday of that weekend....and thanks to some awesome promotions from Futureshop here...my launch list is looking a bit ridiculous.

Forza 5
    Battlefield 4
    Killer Instinct
    Ryse
    Dead Rising 3
    AssCreed 4
    CoD Ghosts

Keep in mind 3 of those games I got for basically free through promotions....if it wasn't for those I'd likely only get KI, Forza and BF4
  5. War40Eagle

War40Eagle Bronze - Well-known

PS4 launch but I'm only getting Resogun and the other ps+ game to start. I'm expecting my second child in early December so won't have much time for a while. It will be a while before I get an XboxOne considering my backlog on other consoles and pc is so gigantic as it already stands.
  6. Trickman

Awesome, and (preliminary) congratulations on your new baby! :baby:
  7. Amy

Amy Gold Member

XB1 at launch along with Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, and Ryse.
    Also getting Killer Instinct for free but not sure how much I'll actually play it since I'm not into fighting games.

I will be very very interested in Minecraft XB1 edition, D4, Watch Dogs, The Division, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Quantum Break... when they are available.
  8. mikestrife

mikestrife Bronze - Well-known

PS4 tomorrow night!

Already picked up Killzone, Assassin's Creed and CoD, camera and 2nd controller in anticipation.

Also have the Xbox pre-ordered and will pick that up at the midnight launch as well. Going to get Battlefield, Killer Instinct (pre-ordered fightstick, hope it comes on time!), and Dead Rising 3.
  9. War40Eagle

War40Eagle Bronze - Well-known

Thanks Terry! Only thing more fun than video games (and far more expensive:eek:)
  10. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

PS4 with 2 day shipping option from Amazon US to Europe, let's see how that goes. Games are going to be Resogun, Killzone Shadow Fall and Flower/Flow since I already own them. No interest in XBone and its exclusives, I'd rather buy a Wii U instead (Pikmin3, Windwaker HD, Super Mario 3D World, etc etc).
  11. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

Neither for me at launch... funds are pretty tight, and I don't have enough time for gaming to justify it. Gotta try to mow through some backlog and save some cash for a while.

Hopefully both by next Xmas though!
  12. RPT

RPT Guru Meditation Error

Neither for me. Whilst the launch line ups look alright they are not good enough to justify jumping in right away for me.
  13. blackskimmer

blackskimmer Lurker

PS4 (arrived on launch day a first for bestbuy canada!)

Killzone Shadow fall
    Resogun!
    Contrast

Getting:

BF4, Knack maybe AC Creed.

Not getting the xbox 1, dont care for the direction of the console, dont care for the price and I have almost no interest in the first party titles.
  14. Trickman

Ended up trading in my unopened Call of Duty: Ghosts and AC: Black Flag for Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed: Rivals. I'm loving Killzone 4 and Battlefield 4 right now. I have yet to open NFS. Oh, and Resogun is incredibly hard and addictive!
  15. Goffey

Played a lot of PS4 at a friends over the weekend.

Love the new UI and how easy it is to stream stuff via Twitch and Ustream.

KZ looked damn pretty but didn't feel alot like a KZ game for some reason...couldn't really put my finger on it. Might be because they use different visual filters and the game has a much "cleaner" look and feel to it.

Resogun I REALLY liked. Only played through the first level(defeated the first boss) but didn't want to play anymore until I actually own it.

Man this is such an exciting time for gamers. Can't wait till this Friday to give the XB1 a go.
  16. Amy

Amy Gold Member

I'm ready for Friday!
    NnNBqSw.jpg
  17. Goffey

You sure that space is big enough for the Xbone ;)
  18. Amy

Amy Gold Member

I'll get a PS4 when there are exclusive JRPGs on it that interest me.

:p