Sony announces "Playstation Now"

Discussion in 'Articles' started by AlFighter27, Jan 7, 2014.

• by AlFighter27, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:54 PM
  • AlFighter27

AlFighter27 Irrational Overlord Staff Member

The Gaikai streaming service that speculation has been buzzing about has been officially unveiled, and it's Playstation Now.

playstation-now-devices_1269.jpg
    The idea here is not only to bring PS3 games to PS4, but bring all previous generation Playstation games to just about every internet connected device. Using the streaming power of Gaikai, you could play a PS1, PS2 or PS3 game on your PS4, Vita, PS3, Bravia TV, Tablet, or Smartphone. That's a lot of streaming.

The idea is that players will be able to rent games from Playstation Now for a fee, or pay some kind of subscription that will let them "explore a range of titles." They demonstrated this on the CES show floor with Beyond Two Souls and The Last of Us.

The service will be entering beta in the US by the end of this month, and will fully rollout on PS4 and PS3 by summer of this year. Vita functionality will be coming later down the line. European rollout will take longer, Sony noted. The service will support online multiplayer, trophies, and messages as well.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by AlFighter27, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Prime
    It'll be good if it works like how they describe, but I doubt it will. Sony's great at hardware, but when it comes to network stuff, Microsoft has them at a huge disadvantage.
  2. Boric
    Odd that PCs are not listed... If I could have what almost amounts to a streaming service of the whole Playstation back catalog that I could pay for a subscription to, or possibly interact with in any manner approaching the quality and reliability of Steam, they would easily get my money.