The Bounty - Streaming Competition and Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Trickman, Jan 17, 2014.

• by Trickman, Jan 17, 2014 at 10:59 AM
  • Trickman

Trickman Co-Founder of this glorious place Staff Member

Catch an all-star streaming competition and fundraiser for indie score chasing RPG, The Bounty, exclusively at 1337loungelive.com!

156363_432439306882880_710210759_n.jpg

On 1/19/14 from 2-6 pm at Jace Hall's celebrity arcade–1337LoungeLive, some of the mightiest classic gamers will compete head-to-head in a brand new demo build of The Bounty.

Confirmed players are Caitlin Oliver (Splatterhouse), Mason Cramer (Super Mario 3), Grace Snoke (Director of Operations at Video Game Scoreboard), Ben Gillen (Legendary Axe), Christopher C. Tirpak (Tatsunoko vs Capcom), and Fred Capps (The Legend of Zelda).

1608706_432441170216027_480586971_n.jpg

The competition will present the game in its current form, and serves to raise funds to finish production of the title. The GoFundMe campaign can be found at http://www.gofundme.com/TheBountyFundraiser, where you can get an early free release of the game, custom bead sprites, hand drawn art, T-shirts, and more for your contribution.

1600046_432441663549311_1319778232_n.jpg

Again, the LIVE streaming date, time and location are as follows:

Where: 1337loungelive.com
    Date: Sunday, 1/19/2014
    Time: 2-6 pm CST

About the game: The Bounty is a unique, retro styled, score chasing RPG. A cross between roguelike, JRPG, and classic arcade game, The Bounty is a competitive dungeon crawl not quite like anything else you've played.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Trickman, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Boric
    I forgot to watch this, but am wondering if there's any public demos or betas of this Bounty game available. From the description it sounds really interesting and fun :)
  2. Trickman
  3. Boric
    Thanks!! I clearly didn't read that part well. Gonna try to check this out later!
  4. LudicrousDa3ve
    The event was a blast, and everybody had a great time! Caitlin Oliver totally beasted and took top honors with 7732 points; nearly a perfect game. The GoFundMe is still open, and I've thrown together a page with more info, FAQs, links, media, and so on at http://www.gwwentertainment.com/thebounty.
    Trickman likes this.
  5. Boric
    Finally gave the demo a shot... 3952 first try, got past the grinder... but didn't outrun the boulder right afterwards... could have gone a fair bit longer I imagine... So time to try again :)
    LudicrousDa3ve likes this.
  6. LudicrousDa3ve
    That's awesome, man. I hope you're having fun with it!
  7. Boric
    I certainly am. I started getting much worse luck later on last night, missing more, hitting random traps. But it's very enjoyable so far. I'm playing with the saves a bit to see if I can get further ahead to see what awaits me. Then I'll make a big run from the beginning. :)
    LudicrousDa3ve likes this.