What are you playing this week? 11th March 2015!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RayG, Mar 11, 2015.

1. RayG

RayG Who's my next challenger?

Another Wednesday, another "What are you playing this week" thread! So, what have you been playing this week? What will you be playing later? Any recommendations?

precipice2.jpg
    As for me, I got Just Dance 3, which is as fun and joyful as last ones, so I've been playing that! Other than that the only thing I really played was Precipice, a tiny, free, cyberpunk adventure game. It's brutal and absurd and I quite liked it :p

But enough about me, what about you? Answer as you see fit!
    Prime likes this.
  2. ChryZ

ChryZ Chaos Engineer

Xrd made me crave very Japanese games again, so I finally started the first and for me last chapter of the Atelier Arland Trilogy. Playing Atelier Rorona last, after Totori and Meruru, is involuntary turning the experience into an origin story of sorts. Having already beaten two games in the series definitely made me an alchemy veteran and the often criticized time limit is laughable to me now. Rorona is such a delightful and fun JRPG.

[​IMG]

Prime gifted me Forward to the Sky thanks to some gifting, misunderstanding, excessive kindness and exchange of spare Steam keys. I only briefly tried the game out, but it was love on first sight. Super adorable 3rd person action platformer with some hack'n'slash and environment puzzles. The developer isn't from Japan, they nailed the doujin feel though, so stinking cute.

[​IMG]
    Prime likes this.
  3. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

I've been playing various games recently - again, mostly for my You've Got 5 Minutes series on YouTube, but in my downtime I've been playing through OlliOlli 2 on my PS4, Lords of the Fallen on the PS4, Some GTAV online, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on my Wii U, and of course the occasional Lost run in Isaac. I'm actually REALLY loving DKC:Tropical Freeze - just wish I had my Wii U pad charged all the time to keep going with it. And I bought Helldivers and I'm just waiting on my regular teammates on GTAV to grab the game as well before I get properly invested in it.

There's a few games I want to get though, Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PS4, Flame Over on Vita, Hotline Miami 2 on PS4/Vita Cross-buy and of course Ori and the Blind Forest on Steam.

Also, glad you're enjoying that Forward to the Sky, ChryZ :)

4. Moofers

Moofers Moderator Staff Member

Zombie Army Trilogy on PS4. Also available on XOne and PC.
    Great fun. Got the title of a mobile game but the soul of those "mid-tier" games that everyone says are dead now. For such a tired premise as zombies (and nazi ones at that) its a total blast. I'm so hyped that I got it. I've been playing co-op with a couple buddies as well as solo and just having a ball. I'll be posting a video review to the main page in the next week or so.

Also playing Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
    I'm having a great time with this as well. Frantic and challenging like the games of my youth, but with a soundtrack that kicks raw ass. I wish the storytelling was more focused and in some ways I really think the graphics/style they went with hold the game back in this regard, but that's up for debate. Overall it just needs better writing and pacing and that's half the battle right there. But anyway, this has been a good time and its what I'd hoped for. Playing on the Vita, btw.
  5. teran36

teran36 Bronze - Well-known

I'll think I will give Star ocean last hope another runthrough.
  6. Boric

Boric The Netherfiend Staff Member

So this weekend, me and my son went back to the PS3 for some gaming. He played most of the way through the first dungeon of 3D Dot Game Heroes. I helped a bit, and he fought the boss some before I finished him off. Took some video of him playing, and might try to load to youtube with the wife's okay :)

Also he played a bunch of Split/Second, and was starting to get the hang of not over steering. But was also really enjoying crashing the car a bunch too. (I might have to get him trying Burnout Paradise next). Speaking of though, does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap but relatively solid steering wheel for the PS3? When I look on Amazon, only the $200+ ones seem to be rated well.

He also rocked the Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds. I put him on the easiest swing mode, and just would point to about when on the bar to press the button. Occassionally on putting I would help aim him a bit.

But by far his favorite game was SSX. He loved flipping and grinding the rails. And then he'd get excited when we had enough points to get a new character.
    Prime likes this.
  7. Prime

Prime Desires Bionic Arm

SSX is amazing man, I loved the old-school PS2 ones. SSX 3 was my fave by far but the new one is fantastic as well! Same with 3D Dot Game Heroes - Silicon Studio/FROM delivered a fantastic RPG that was seemingly ripped right out of LTTP on the SNES.

In terms of wheels, I never really buy peripherals like that but I imagine at least for your son's stage of gaming, something lower rated for now should suffice. Don't think of it as getting him something rubbish, think of it as getting him something that will do the job just to test the waters before you inevitably save up to get him something better :)

Of course, if anyone CAN suggest a great wheel for a reasonable price that would be ideal too!